FITMAN facts and figures:
|Integrated Project ID||604674|
|Project start||April 1, 2013|
|Project EC Budget||12.8 M€|
|Consortium||36 partners from 11 European countries|
FITMAN provides the FIWARE Platform with 10 industry-led use case trials in the domain of Smart, Digital and Virtual Factories of the Future.
In order to accomplish the mission statement, the FITMAN project will deliver:
- FITMAN Generic Platform for Manufacturing Industries, as a collection of several Generic Enablers Implementations belonging to most of the identified technological Chapters of FI-WARE project
- Generic and flexible Trials Verification and Validation Framework, encompassing concepts, methods and tools for a technical and business assessment of the eleven Trials
- Open-to-all FITMAN Phase III Package, to support FI-WARE PPP Phase III objective 1.8, Expansion of Use Cases, by providing access to FITMAN Reports and Prototypes for Phase III preparation and implementation
- FITMAN Specific Platforms for Smart, Digital and Virtual Factories, as a collection of several Specific Enablers Implementations belonging to the background of FITMAN beneficiaries and specifically derived from previous RTD projects in the Factories of the Future and Future Internet Enterprise Systems research
- Ten FITMAN Trials Platforms as instantiation of the selected Generic and Specific Enablers for 10 industry-driven multi-sectorial Trials
- Ten FITMAN Trial Experimentations by deploying the FITMAN Trials Platforms in realistic Smart-Digital-Virtual Factories IT and business cases, as well as assess and evaluate the achieved results:
i. Smart Factories Trials:
TRW (LE*) automotive supplier – Safe & Healthy Workplace,
PIACENZA (SME) textile/clothing – Cloud Manufacturing,
WHIRLPOOL (LE*) white goods manufacturer – Mobile workforce.
ii. Digital Factories Trials:
VOLKSWAGEN (LE*) automotive manufacturer – PLM ramp-up for reduced Time to Market ,
AGUSTAWESTLAND (LE*) aeronautics manufacturer – Training services for blue collar workers, WHIRLPOOL (LE*) white goods manufacturer – Mobile workforce,
CONSULGAL (SME) construction – As-designed vs. As-built Interoperability,
AIDIMA (SME) furniture – Mass Customised Production.
iii. Virtual Factories Trials:
APR (SME) plastic industry – Collaboration valorisation,
TANet (SME) manufacturing resource management – Networked Business Innovation,
COMPLUS (SME) LED smart lighting – Collaborative Production.
*LE: Large Enterprise