Project acronym: FITMAN
Project grant agreement number: 604674
Project full name: Future Internet Technologies for MANufacturing
The project FITMAN currently active in the Seventh Framework programme of the European Commission for research, technological development and demonstration activities contributing to the creation of the European research area and to innovation (2007-2013) requires the participation of new partners to carry out certain tasks within the project. Please note that the Seventh Framework programme offers part-funding not full-funding of research activities.
We have a vacancy in our consortium for 3 consortia of up-to 3 beneficiaries each (up-to 9 new beneficiaries in total) established in an EU Member State or FP7 Associated State and having comprehensive expertise in the following research areas:
For Smart Factories:
- SF monitoring and diagnosis (Advanced Intelligent Manufacturing), including dynamic and re-configurable filtering and processing of real world events, coming from sensor networks embedded in machinery and workplaces, shopfloor smart objects and tools, in-bound logistics of tagged products and materials, manual operations and workers wellbeing monitoring and control.
- SF next generation, attractive human-machine interaction (Human-centered Manufacturing), including devices and software components for an advanced automation of the shopfloor efficiency and safety as well as a user-friendly, ergonomic and intuitive interaction between workers and machines, including data access on the move.
For Digital Factories:
- DF product data and knowledge in product life cycle (standard-based access to PLM and product-item data), including definition and adoption of standard metadata systems for Product Data and Knowledge representation, semantic interoperability transformation services from heterogeneous systems and/or available or de-facto standards, browse & query facilities and web-based modular intuitive decisional and collaboration environments for blue collar’s workers, managers and engineers.
- DF collaborative product data 3D visualisation (Collaborative and Mobile PLM), based on a collaborative multi-task project management environment and including devices and software components for a web enabled rendering and interaction with 2D-3D complex manufacturing objects, e.g. CAD solids, , points of clouds, large unstructured data-sets including real-time data repositories.
For Virtual Factories:
- VF manufacturing assets semantic discovery (Cloud Manufacturing, Manufacturing as a Service), including extension of existing business-oriented service description languages (such as USDL and LinkedUSDL) to encompass manufacturing tangible and intangible assets, their semi-automatic generation and clustering from unstructured and semi-structured enterprise resources (such as people CVs and products catalogues) and their dynamic discovery and composition in advanced business applications in the domains of “production network” and “project team” design.
- VF semantic interoperability (Product-Service Manufacturing Ecosystem), including platforms and software components for dynamic, semantic data formats transformations (e.g. unified interoperability form by means of a common model schema), in the view to achieve ERP (and other Enterprise Systems) compatibility in the supply chain.
Each consortium must address one and only one of the above research areas (either smart OR digital OR virtual), cover both the tasks identified per area and reported here below (tasks a. AND b. for Smart Factories, tasks c. AND d. for Digital Factories, tasks e. AND f. for Virtual Factories) and identify at least two FITMAN Trials where they expect their solutions to be experimented.
Deadline: 27thNovember 2013, at 17:00 Brussels local time
Expected duration of participation in project: April 2014 to March 2015
Total EC funding available for new partners is up to €1,500,000 (indicatively up to €450,000 for Smart Factories, up to €700,000 for Digital Factories, up to €350,000 for Virtual Factories)
Call identifier: FITMAN Smart-Digital-Virtual Factories Open Call
Language in which proposal should be submitted: English
Web address for further information (full call text/proposal guidelines):
Email address for further information: FITMANOpenCall@txtgroup.com