FIA Athens 2014
Mar 18, 2014 09:00 AM
Mar 20, 2014 05:00 PM
|Add event to calendar||
The 11th Future Internet Assembly (FIA Athens 2014) will take place from 18 to 20 March 2014 in Athens, Greece.
The event will be held under the auspices of the forthcoming Greek Presidency of the European Union, co-organised and supported by the European Commission.
FIA Athens 2014 will focus on reshaping the Future Internet infrastructure for innovation.
The FIA Steering Committee launches an open call to select up to 9 FIA working sessions within the scope of the conference, seeking proposals that cover aspects related to:
- The new Internet technological landscape based on network/cloud integration through Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and innovative software and services that enable application innovation;
- The contribution of the EU National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) developments in the SDN/NFV domain;
- The role of SDN/NFV in i) building Internet applications of major impact (e.g., social networks, open data, big data analysis, etc.) with virtual services capabilities; ii) enabling the reduction in resources used (energy efficiency, reduction of raw-materials, etc....); iii) fostering the emergence of open platforms to create downstream markets for third party developers;
- The EU Public-Private-Partnerships (PPPs) and how they are positioned relative to these developments and relevant requirements towards demonstration and test-beds in Europe/globally.
In particular, the FIA Steering Committee is keen to receive proposals from industry experts, academia and research institutes such that proposed sessions will:
- Contain new and forward-looking ideas;
- Feature a diverse array of presenters and experiences;
- Introduce visionary ideas and practices which will inspire audience;
- Promote cross cutting approaches and technologies to attract stakeholders and entrepreneurs;
- Deliver best practices & creative approaches towards research and technological innovations;
- Stimulate and provoke discussion.
Single EU project working session proposals will be disregarded.
You can submit your working session proposals via a dedicated online system, following the template available at https://osqa.eurescom.eu by Friday 25th October 2013.